Sunday, 23 January 2011

The Supermarket debate...

Sometimes I wonder why it's the little things that most annoy me. I'm currently at war with Asda (letter bombing has yet to follow) over such a petty issue and am unsure how to take this further,

Cottage Cheese is such a simple food but one of my favourites. However, Asda appear to be illiterate or just very confused and insist on placing it with dips and not cheese. I feel the give away is in the name. Cottage CHEESE should clearly be with the...wait for it...cheeses! (In my not-so-humble on this topic opinion)

I understand the tomato debate, it's a fruit with vegetable like qualities. But again I go back to the name cottage cheese (just for those who have forgotten) as the deciding factor. Both Morrisons and Tesco understand this but Asda seem misguided. I will take responsibility for forgetting this each time I venture into their cheese department having forgotten or repressed the memories.

Maybe they know something I don't and it is just masquerading under an alias. If that's the case then please share the secret and put my mind at rest. Asda, if you have some genuine reason to believe it belongs with the dips, can you please put some in the cheese section too...

I think I should just shop at Tesco to avoid the frustration. Then I remember trying to buy plastic cutlery. That was the day I released there must be a high percentage of deaths caused by plastic spoons. So many could have been prevented if we all used the Tesco method and ID people before they purchase some. After much persuasion I did manage to buy them and they helpfully put them in a carrier bag. Surprisingly I didn't need ID for that and am now confident no-one has ever suffocated in a plastic bag.

Isn't it great that I can focus on the really big issues in life. Once I take on Asda and win I think I'll tackle something serious like world hunger or the lack of decaff tea in shops...

Random thought of the day: Can anyone please explain why I dreamt of electrocuting cows last night? Even my subconscious is random.

No comments:

Post a Comment